Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thank you!

Thank you so much for all your congratulations on my previous post! I really appreciate them. I'm behind with comments after the 48 Hours Film Festival, but I will catch up soon.

I don't know if you realise how helpful you have all been throughout this entire process. When I started writing this particular novel at the beginning of 2008, it took me a while to adjust to the writerly life of being a hermit and staring at a screen all day. This blog provided a way to connect to people with similar interests; interest in writing, and also interest in vintage clothing and thrifting. It was wonderful to be able to both record my progress and escape from my work through the fashion side of things. Your support through all the work and all the rejections has meant a lot - really. So thank you! I'm so thrilled that someone wants to represent me, and as soon as everything's all official-like, I'll tell you the whole story (as much as I can).

All right, sappy part over. The 48 Hours weekend was fantastic - exhausting and full of adrenaline, but fantastic. We had a really amazing team of people with great skills in lots of areas - we're very lucky to have such great friends. Our genre was 'Family Film'. I'm not going to say too much because the films have to stay hush-hush until after the official screening at the cinema this Saturday. Once it has screened, I'll post it here.

My brain isn't working very well today due to lack of sleep and far too much junk food. Thanks again, and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...