Friday, December 31, 2010

DIY Galaxy Print Top

Ok so this one is more like Didnt DIY. You may remember that a while ago I was ooooing and ahhing over the Dion Lee/Josh Goot Galaxy Print, wondering if I could do it myself using a spray dye technique (check out my post here). Before I got a chance however, a couple of days ago I was perusing the tiny little stores in the Galle fort and came across this top.  The little old lady who was selling it told me that she had used a spray dye technique to do it - she was so sweet and talked me through the process so look forward to seeing more galaxy print in the future! She also happily took me through to her workshop that was packed to the ceilings with dyed and printed fabrics she had done herself, and took in the top for me on the spot. Talk about service. Oh, and did I mention it cost less than the price of a coffee? Result!
Spray dye galaxy print top, vintage pleated skirt (£2 from an op shop in north london), river island gladiator flats, zara satchel, antique necklace from Sri lanka, sunglasses £7 from ebay (search for cat eye sunglasses).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...