Monday, August 31, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety-jog

Home! It is so nice to be back. I am feeling a bit confused time-wise, and a bit sleep-walker-like, but am mostly intact. My brain is porridge, however, so I will make only a few observations today.

1) We went to Venice Beach and Santa Monica yesterday, which was lovely. I spilled a bit of cream on my silk trousers, though, which was less lovely. Anyone know how to get stains out of silk? Or do I have to bite the bullet and take the garment to the drycleaner's? (I do, don't I? Darn). LOML bought me a new skirt to replace the stained trousers, though, so I didn't have to wear them for the long plane journey. This brought the lovely back again.
2) There was a long queue for the toilets on the plane last night. One cubicle in particular was busy for a full half-hour. When the occupant eventually emerged, he revealed himself to be a young, sweaty man clasping two copies of Playboy. This was rather revolting. I am adding it to my mental list of 'disgusting things I saw on this trip' which includes a woman shaving her armpits into a bathroom sink (pub, Northern Ireland) and a man clipping his horrid yellow nails on a cafe table (Barnes & Noble, Fashion Island, US).
3) The very first thing we did this morning was pick up Mink from the cattery. He was thrilled to come home, and has spent the day wandering around the house and garden making sure that no one has dared to move anything. He comes back inside every half-hour or so to give us a cuddle and follow us around talking loudly in catspeak.

Normal service will resume tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...