Monday, November 2, 2009

Pardon my gormless expression ... (and today's Nanowrimo request)

... but it is apparently the expression one has after getting only a couple of hours' sleep and then working on Nanowrimo, novel revisions and a big client job simultaneously. I might be slightly incoherent.

I am terribly behind with replying to comments, and I'm very sorry - I'll catch up with them as soon as I can.

I loved reading all the first paragraphs from my Nanowrimo group - there is such a great mix of genres and ideas. I would love to learn one of your main character's names today, what it means, and how you chose it.

Here's one of mine:

Merril - from Merle, meaning falcon - a captive bird of prey that hunts for its owner. I chose her name instinctively, and only discovered the meaning afterwards. It pleased my writerly brain that it was strangely appropriate; Merril is an assassin in someone else's employ.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

P.S. Goodness, that was rambling. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...