Saturday, December 19, 2009

Queenstown!

Wow, less than a week till Christmas! I am suffering from December-itis, also known as 'being really busy,' and I think a lot of other bloggers are suffering from it too. I apologise in advance for what is sure to be patchy posting and commenting over the next couple of weeks as the festive season kicks in, but hope that you are all enjoying the holidays. Now that I've finished all our Christmas shopping, I'm starting to get excited about the parties and events coming up.

Last weekend LOML and I went to Queenstown - the adventure capital of New Zealand, and the birthplace of bungee jumping. I am never going to bungee jump. It just isn't going to happen. LOML has done it, and has tried to convince me, but it just doesn't appeal at all. We did go jet-boating, however, down the rapids of the Shotover River, which was fantastic! We both got completely soaked. Lots of gorgeous meals out on the waterfront, lots of stunning Lord-of-the-Rings scenery, lots of rain (I have learned, though, after my seven years in New Zealand - I always take warm clothing on summer holidays), a ride on the beautiful steam-ship T.S.S. Earnslaw, a day in Wanaka exploring Puzzling World (a place where optical illusions are the key, as you'll see in a couple of the pictures below) and a lot of lovely Otago wine. I can't believe it was only a week ago - it already seems like we've been home for a month. December-itis again, I think!





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...