Sunday, February 14, 2010

Edits and covers and feathers, oh my!

14 Feb '10
Feather headpiece - Diva
Blouse - thrifted
Dress - vintage (70s Jonathan Logan), thrifted
Shoes - thrifted


Yesterday we went out to the little town in the country where my mum lives. The weather has returned to its semi-autumnal state after the glorious sunshine on Saturday, but I think I photosynthesised enough then to keep me going for a few days.

I'm starting on the edits for The Cry of the Go-away Bird very soon - the marked-up manuscript is in the post and on its way to me! I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in to them ... but I would really love to have the revisions on my current book nearly finished before it arrives, as it will be difficult juggling the two. I am heartily sick of my work-in-progress (which is natural; you always reach this stage), but there is still a lot of work to be done on it.

In other exciting news, my publishers are starting work on the cover design for Go-away Bird this week! I can't wait to see the options. I needed to send them an author photo, and so LOML took some shots for me yesterday while we were visiting Mum. These are my three favourites - it's exciting to think that one of these could, potentially, be looking up at me from a book cover soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...