Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The World's Happiest Andrea

25 Feb '10
Dress - vintage, gift (originally from Tete a Tete Vintage)
Bag - vintage, thrifted
Shoes - thrifted
Sunglasses - vintage, thrifted
Belt - thrifted



My friend Christina gave me this vintage dress yesterday. It was one of several that Tete a Tete Vintage lent to the wardrobe department of The World's Fastest Indian - I'll have to watch the film again and see if I can spot this dress! I'm not sure whether it was worn by an extra or by a principal actor, but I'm excited either way. I can already tell it's going to be one of my very favourites: I love the print, the colours, the neckline, and the shape - perfect for windy Christchurch days! You know I love my full skirts, but the gusty breezes here play havoc with them. I'm constantly flashing unsuspecting passers-by.

The weather continues to be wonderful. I can't tell you how happy it makes me. I am a hot weather person through-and through, and I only really feel alive in warm weather. I think it's because I grew up in Africa - I've acclimatised to New Zealand's cooler climate to some extent, but I still find the winters very difficult. The darkness is harder to stomach than the cold. There are some things I enjoy about cold weather - hot chocolates, soup, winter clothes, boots, ice-skating - but, a couple of weeks into winter, the novelty of all these things has worn off again, and I'm ready for summer. I'm making the most of these hot days while we have them!

P.S. I am behind on replying to comments, but I'm going to catch up over the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience!
P.P.S. I have discovered that rompers/playsuits are the best things to wear while doing the housework and gardening. They're comfortable, easy to move around in, and they look cute. Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...