Friday, October 30, 2009

A Cat of Impossible Colour Nanowrimo Group!

Wow, we have a great group! I'm so excited about Nanowrimo this year, and I think it's going to be great fun. Thanks to everyone who signed up: it's lovely to have you on board. And the very best of luck to you all for 1 November!

All the participants are listed below, along with the information they gave me upon signing up. Click on their names to visit their blogs.

Andrea (me)

Username: theluckyblackcat
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Title: No idea whatsoever. I have a terrible habit of saving my novels as "Book", "Book3", "Newbook" and things like that, and I usually only think of a title right at the end. So the title is to be confirmed.
Blurb: Too superstitious to share, in case I jinx it!

I have just under 14,000 words of this written already. I started writing it in 2006 but never pursued it. The story is still very strong in my mind, however, and I would love to see it completed.

Icy @ Individual Chic

Username: Icy
Title: Miss Lyon and the Mystery of the Jade Mask
Genre: Mystery
Blurb: Miss Lyon is asked to investigate a mysterious journal and to find the Mayan jade mask it leads to. But someone else is after it as well, and will use any means to stop Miss Lyon getting there first.

So far: I have 18000 words written previously, so I'm aiming to add another 50000. I'd done some planning, but I'm doing a lot more now. Hopefully this should help me keep writing through the hard spots. Planning is working well, as the baddy has finally revealed themselves to me (I had no idea who dun it before).

Mercurie

Username: Mercurie
Genre: Probably Fantasy, Horror, or Spy Thriller (or all three...)
Title: I have no idea right now, but I know I'll think of something.
Blurb: To be honest, I have a few ideas, but I am not quite sure what this one is going to be about (I decided not to use the novel I have been working upon for NaNoWriMo).

Autumn Rose

Username: autumn_rose.

Sara

Username: esstea
Genre: historical fiction
Title: right now, "And Sons," but it'll change
Blurb: I also fear the jinx! I'll share more once I get cozy with it.

IT IS ALLY

Username: Axsis
Genre: Short stories
Title: They will all have different ones, that is how short stories work
Blurb: Currently taking story suggestions. Not v organised.

Tamara Hellgren

Username: tjhellgren
Genre: dark fiction

I have a title and some notes and character sketches, but that's all. It'll sure be interesting to see how things develop!

Moremagicalways

Username: Luinae (oooh, creative)
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Title: I can never think of titles!
Blurb: Uh, don't have one?

Stéphanie

Vikki

Username: Vikki56
Genre: horror/fantasy
Title: At the moment The Horror, the horror, this is very likely to change though...
Blurb: It was going to be a vampire novel set in Russia but I'm experimenting with other dark literary forces at present. Still set in Russia though, but Scotland may be edging in there...

la

Username: buttonista
Genre romance!

Kate

Username - Kateforsyth
Title - don't know yet
Blurb - too hazy to put into words (doesn't sound promising does it??)

Chic

Username: Academic Abandon
Genre: Young Adult Historical Fiction
Title: Nope, don't have one...
Blurb: I have a few ideas but all I will share for now is that it's set at the turn of the century in Vienna and that it's about a young girl being married off to a much older man whose daughter is almost her age.

Redeemed Diva

Ali

Username: ABD1350
Genre: Literary Fiction
Title: TBA (not the title; seriously has yet to be announced!)
Blurb - TBA...again...

Andrea

Username: andreastaats
I'm torn between a few ideas. We'll see what wants to be written on Nov. 1!

Madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra

Username: madam0wl
Genre: sci-fi / romance
Title: not sure, probably not until the end?
Blurb: Day-in-the-life-in-near-future (2040) imagining what it might be like for my kids once they are grown...

I'm taking a tip from a character in one of the books I like (I think, or maybe it was the author), that one way to write fiction is to use bits of your own life but imagined / reworked.

Andrea

Username: The Rainbow Notebook
Genre: Fantasy
Title: I haven't settled on one yet.
Blurb: I'm interested in working with a mix of genres and am calling it an aesthetic/fantastic/gothic/melodramatic/folkloric/ mix as I'm interested in working across some of those genre ideas in particular. There is going to be some poetry interspersed within the text as well. The actual story is set in rural Northern Norway between the wars. Expect woods, reindeer, romance and mystery!

Beautiful Witch

Username: mareejones
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy
Title: Gods and Jukeboxes (well, working title at least!)
Blurb: You know, I have no idea. I'm just waiting to see the bats that fly out of my attic on November 1!

Mirabel

Username: all your stars are out
Genre: ....
Title: ....
Blurb: ....

... (these will come to me soon won't they?)

Cyn

Username: KleinKatze
Genre: Fantasy (Children's Literature)
Title: Wishing Well
Blurb: Jobyna spends the summer at her grandmother's cottage where she learns a fairy-tale about a magic well that grants wishes.

Ashley Louise

Username: Fraxinilucia
Genre: Will propbably get shoved in the romance section if it was ever published, but is intended as a young adult fiction on growing up and falling in love.
Title: Something about growing up and falling in love.
Blurb: She grows up and falls in love.

Lola Sharp

Username: the-sharp-pen
Genre: Literary fiction

Hannah

Username: spitout
Blurb: A community is divided over certain events and so becomes mother and daughter. Young Adult Fiction.
Title: Crossing the Spit (work in progress!)

Teresa Stenson

Username: they.fall.back
Everything else: hasn't made itself known to me yet.

Amelia

Username: furtherado
Genre: Literary fiction
Blurb: Una is in exile, travelling the world to collect antiques for the store to which she can never return, searching for a daughter lost long ago.

Kate

Username: stellarkate
Title - none as yet - will be last thing, I'm sure.
Genre : historical fiction I think
Blurb: it's about food, and people, and the forces of history, and the power of memory . . .

Laurel

Username: bettyblue
Title - no idea!!!
Genre: fiction
Blurb: a series of strange encounters ... those moments in life that leave you baffled, confused, in fits of laughter, crying, fearful, and more than anything aware of the nonsensical nature of people and our relationships to each other in general. Well, I say people but at least one encounter I plan on writing about involves a dog ...

Kelly

Username: wellreadkitty
Genre: Chick Lit
Title: Not sure yet but I have several plots, characters and settings all sorted out. The title will come later I hope.

Rachel

Username: sevenswans
Genre: literary fiction? mainstream fiction? i'm not 100% sure (yet)
Title: "the birthday party". possibly.
Blurb: nerdy guy invites the coffee shop girl he has a crush on to a birthday party that doesn't yet exist: watch disaster and (hopefully) hilarity ensue as he tries to throw one together.

Carrie

Username: goldentouch
Genre: Not 100% sure yet but probably some sort of Fantasy.

Christina

Username: Distant_duck
Genre: still coming up with that one
Title: also still not decided.

Fields of Paper

Username: fieldsofpaper
Genre: Hmmmm. Think I'll defer a decision on that one for now. Mainstream fiction? Adventure? Let's see where it goes.
Title: I have a title in mind but I want to see where I end up before I attach it umbilically to my delicate little WIP!
Blurb: It's about a female war photographer. I'm about 10,000 words in right now. And that's all I'm saying. Superstition must be a common trait for us writers!

Bucca

Username: whatevershesaid
Genre: er no idea yet
Title: ditto!

Juli Ryan

Username: juliryan
I usually don't name my books either until the end either, but I was intimidated by the Nanowrimo website. So...
Working title: The Phoenix From the Flame
Genre: I'm hoping for Mainstream Fiction, but it may end up Romance
Blurb: coming of age story about a woman who finds her HS boyfriend on Facebook.

Cottonclippings

Username: AKCotton
Genre: Mystery (not cozy, more thriller)
Working Title: LV Spy Story 2 (I started LV Spy Story 1 last year, and have nearly 50K words).
Blurb: A young woman ends up nearly dead in a shopping center/mall after hours, the EMTs think it's a drug overdose, but looks can be deceiving. Can the investigator solve the crime before something worse happens to the hospitalized woman?

Valerie Storey

Username: poppywriter
Genre: Literary
Title: Ghazal
Blurb: Thirty years, thirty doorways. Every breath, every door we take matters to someone.

Courtnee

Username: moder_millie
Genre: undecided; probably chick lit
Title: unknown or should I say undiscovered

S

Username:Selkie73
Genre: (young adult?) fantasy
Title: no idea
Blurb: Too superstitious to go into it just yet!

Susie

Genre: fantasy / chick lit
Title: dont know yet, maybe something with Athena in it...
Blurb: The Goddess Athena had a daughter who was half human, she was told her mother died in childbirth, now she is in her early 20's trying to figure out what to do with her life and her Mother shows up out of the blue telling her about her real history and giving her a task that she must do or very bad things will happen.

Surya

Username: silenteloquence
Working title : A bumpy ride

Snidder

Username: Snidder
Genre: either short story collection or mainstream fiction but as yet undecided
Title: nothing yet
Blurb: woman extricates herself from a difficult 10 year marriage that was near violence. She leaves her husband and the house they built together and never returns. The story explores the complicated nature of the relationship through an epic journey, possibly an archetypal journey. still working it out. Hopefully it will all come together as I write.

Priscilla

User Name: EveningReaderWrites
Genre: literary fiction
(Working) Title: What Hope Looks Like to Other People
Blurb: Story of a family in West Texas in the 1980s, during the downturn of the oil boom.

Amber Lough

Username: amberlough
Title: Jinn
Genre: Young Adult

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...