Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sign-up sheet for Nanowrimo group!

Here it is! I'll keep linking back to this post over the next ten days, in case anyone misses it. I'm sure you are all up to speed with what Nanowrimo is by now, but, just in case, you can read all about it here.

Here's what you need to do to join this particular Nanowrimo group (I'm still trying to think of a catchy name: coofimpoconanowrimo? Ouch. If you have any ideas, let me know):
1) Sign up on the official Nanowrimo website.
2) Leave a comment on this post with your Nanowrimo username (if you want to make it known) and any information about your Nanowrimo novel that you want to share - title, genre, blurb, anything along those lines. Some of you may have notes and outlines already; some of you may just start writing on 1 November and see what happens. Some of you, like me, might be planning to write 50,000 words of a book that is already in progress. My friend Ally is planning to write 50,000 words worth of short stories. Whatever works for you!

That's it. Easy! Here's my plan for our little sub-group in November:

1) I will post a link to all members of our little writing gang on 1 November (New Zealand time), so that people can follow our progress on our blogs. If you have a title and blurb planned for your Nanowrimo book (which you will have left in a comment on THIS post), I'll post that with your name.
2) Every Friday during Nanowrimo I will open up the comments to participants who want to post links to their own blogs and talk about their progress and experiences. I will also feature posts by any participants that take my fancy.
3) If you are following me on Twitter, I will be hosting Timed Writing Frenzies now and then for anyone who wants to join me in furiously upping their word count.
4) At the end of the month, I will post the names of everyone who successfully completed their 50,000 words, and we will all be filled with the pride of a job well done. And we will also probably be filled with wine. I know I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...