Monday, October 19, 2009

Done!

See above. All 102,000 words of it (8,000 written today). Beginning, middle and end and all the fiddly bits around the edges: it's all there. I actually finished the first and third sections of the book long before the middle, so it has mostly been the middle that I've been working on for the past few weeks.

Of course, now I need to go through it all on screen and make sure it's a readable first draft - that there aren't any huge gaps that I've forgotten about. Once that's done, I'll print it out and leave it to stew for a while. Then I'll scribble all over it, rip it to shreds and completely re-build it. The revision process is my favourite stage, though, because I'm working with something that actually exists, not something that I'm trying to call into being.

Anyway. For tonight, I am finished. Woo-hoo! And I am going to pass out on the keyboard.

irtybveatg ckagfjytf TJY i87 o n;yo3;z z;8o aeihlbas .O RI&Fgj

Whoops, sorry. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...