Monday, October 5, 2009

Wedding Anniversary!

Today is LOML's and my second wedding anniversary. Six years together, two years married! (You have to add that 'six years together' bit, don't you?).



Notice that I have aged the photos to represent how very OLD we are now. Also, about two seconds after that central photo was taken, I dropped hors d'oeuvres down my front.

I'm going to be really soppy for a moment and post a poem that I wrote many years ago, when LOML and I first started dating.

cliché

no one has ever felt like this
no one has ever done this before
we are the first

the rain presses its nose against the
window
like
a small boy at a toyshop
breathes on the glass

I haven’t felt this safe since I was
five years old
listening to the rain, thankful I
wasn’t in it, feeling smug about those
who were.

with you my life stops
I dance in the space between the minutes
time dances in the space between the raindrops
without getting wet.

you are my bedtime story;
you are too close to see.

I want you to know

that this rain has fallen for good
each drop is different, and is gone
we splash in the puddles and are lost

until then

no one has ever felt like this
no one has done this before
we are the first.

LOML is at work today, but tonight we are going out to dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date, and then we are going to watch 500 Days of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...