Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reviews! Beards*! So much is happening!

1. The lovely Jess Haigh reviewed The Cry of the Go-Away Bird for For Books' Sake. Her review is so thoughtful and detailed, and I can't tell you how thrilled I was to read it. Thank you, Jess!

2. Casey of Elegant Musings posted an interview with me on her blog today! I have read Casey's blog daily for over three years now, and she is one of the most inspiring, beautiful and talented women I know. I am really honoured to appear on her blog with my goofy grin and general ramblings.

3. I went to Dallas yesterday! My knowledge of Dallas is based entirely on my knowledge of J.R. and Bobby Ewing (that is, nonexistent). I was travelling with a designer friend who is starting her own business making gorgeous vintage-inspired dresses (more information when it is all launched and official), and we spent the day surrounded by patterns, prototypes and one very shy cat called Killer who hid under the sofa for most of our visit.


We had lunch at a TexMex restaurant where I was served the largest Taco Salad in the world. Bigger than my head.



I also saw The Grassy Knoll from which a possible second shooter possibly shot President Kennedy (but probably didn't). It is exactly what it sounds like - a sloping patch of grass at the side of the road. I don't know what I expected, really. And on the way back from Dallas we stopped at a restaurant owned by Willie Nelson. It was out in the country and filled with wonderful, impressively bearded characters in Stetsons, string ties and dungarees who tipped their hats and said "Howdy, Ma'am," when I passed. This makes me very happy. I love Texas.

* I don't have a beard (yet. My hair is getting pretty unmanageable, so a beard may be next).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...