Thursday, April 3, 2008

This is what I'm doing today ...


... Getting perspective on the plot structure by writing the scenes out on post-its and sticking them to the wall. I've colour-coded the post-its to correspond to the main themes of the book, and this has been really useful. It's great to see at a glance the balance of the themes. Some are more powerful at the beginning of the book, some come into play towards the end as the narrator grows up and starts to be more aware of the complexity of her world. And that's reflected in my Fabulous Wall of Post-It Glory.

Edited to add: I should add that this is how far I've got so far. About a third of the way through. I have two-thirds of the book still to post-it. Can that be a verb?

Edited again to add: Aargh, typo in the title. I'm sorry. I'm going a bit mad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...