Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Developments!

Well, I heard back from my advisor today. He's finished reading the book. And what he says is great, but at the same time a little scary. He thinks I'm ready to submit the book to the marking panel, after I've written the supplementary essay. I really didn't think I would be finished with my Masters this soon ... it's a bit of a mental adjustment.

The supplementary essay has to be around 5,000 words long, and has to describe how the project came about, what my experience of it was, how it all came together and so on and so forth. Luckily I have this blog to refer to! I think it documented the process pretty well.

This also means that I'll be able to start submitting the book to publishers very soon. At the end of his email, my advisor said, "you've written a pretty damn' good piece of work here, one that in my view will find a publisher worth having. It reads relentlessly, and ends very well." And I'm thrilled about that. My aim through this whole process has been to find a publisher who can distribute the book internationally. But I'm scared! It seems silly to be scared. I think it is because I feel like I'm on the brink of all these exciting developments, and part of me wants to climb under a duvet and hide from it all. I guess there's nothing wrong with hiding under the duvet and feeling overwhelmed for one night, so long as I suck it up and get going in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...