Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cake disasters

Progress on the novel continues apace. It still feels a bit like the terrible cakes I bake, however: soggy in the middle. A friend suggested I cover it with icing, which is what I usually do to hide my real-life cake disasters, but sadly it doesn't work quite as well with books. Even if the icing is metaphorical. Speaking of which, have you visited Cake Wrecks? I just love the sadistic pleasure of looking at professional cakes gone wrong.

Anyway, I had better get back to work - I want to hit 74,000 words before I visit a friend's writers' group tonight. There are a couple of writing posts lined up for later in the week, when I have a bit more time, and I'm looking forward to posting them. I'd just like to reiterate that I don't pretend to be an enormous expert on the writing and publishing process, but rather am trying to share what I've learned. Everything I post about is something that I have struggled with and have had to solve in one way or another, and I write about each subject in the hope that it will prove helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...