Sunday, June 21, 2009

Multiple exclamation marks are needed, for once!!!

I have been bursting to tell you this all weekend, but I wanted to wait until I had made the official announcement to friends and family at my birthday party. Now I can finally announce that, on Friday morning ...

... I accepted an offer of publication from an imprint of Random House UK!

I am so thrilled. I have had to re-check the emails every so often to reassure myself that it is real, and not a crazed fever-dream.

The editor said: "I think she has real talent and the accomplishment she shows in handling the tension and characterisation in this novel is incredibly impressive. I found myself completely drawn into Elise's [the protagonist's] world. I'd love to have Andrea on the list as she sums up what we are all about - quality writing with an international perspective."

My agent is negotiating a few points, and then the contract will be drawn up and signed. I'm heading over to the UK for the month of August, and I will meet with my agent (my agent!) and my editor (my editor!) then. I feel terribly glamorous saying that I am flying to London to meet with my publishers.

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes - it has definitely been my best ever birthday to date!

P.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.P.S. Hence the happy yellow jumping on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...