Friday, June 19, 2009

It's my birthday!

I am officially 24 years old. I have a feeling the year ahead is going to be a particularly good one!

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes, everybody. I feel so lucky to be a part of such a warm, supportive online community. As I've said many times before, I would have gone completely mad working from home this past year if I hadn't had all of you to talk to. I'm very grateful for the inspirational people I have met online, and the lasting friendships I have made with people - often on the other side of the world! - whom I would never have met if it weren't for the blogosphere. Your comments and messages mean more to me than you know.

One such friendship has been with the beautiful Aya of Strawberry Koi, a kindred spirit who has been both friend and inspiration to me. Today she surprised me with an amazing present: this stunning portrait!

(Aya holds the copyright for this image, of course, and all rights are reserved).

Isn't she talented? What an amazing gift, and one that I'll always treasure.

Thanks again, everyone, for your kind words, encouragement and support! I'm having a wonderful birthday, and will tell you all about it tomorrow. I hope you have a lovely weekend, wherever in the world you are.

P.S. And the dress in Aya's picture is the very one I'm wearing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...