Friday, June 5, 2009

A day of unusual happenings

Just had to write a short post to tell you about this, because it was so bizarre. I got mugged this morning! A block from my house! So weird. I was walking into town, with my iPod on, when this guy ran up from behind me and grabbed my handbag. We wrestled for it a bit - I was screaming at him - and the straps broke. Bastard! It was my favourite vintage bag. He didn't get it, though, because I was hanging on like grim death and swearing like a sailor (on leave). He gave up and ran off around the corner. Then a courier van screeched past me, following him. It turned out that he had robbed our local jeweller (why would you try and grab a handbag when you had just stolen a handful of diamond rings?), and was pursued by the shop-owner and a couple of other guys who had seen it happen - one of whom was a courier. They followed him to a house around the corner from ours, where he had tried to hide. He was banging on the door trying to get in. They pinned him down (by sitting on him - quite comical to watch) and called the police, and we all hung around waiting for them. A couple of lovely old ladies who lived next door brought me out a cup of tea with two sugars - "for the shock" - and then we all gave statements. Apparently at some point I have to go in to the police station and give a more detailed one. So yes, exciting and unpleasant start to the day.

My poor little handbag, all injured and maimed! At least he didn't manage to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...