Friday, September 18, 2009

Resting on your laurels (see what I did there?)

Just a quick post in-between weekend chores! Well, all right. Not so much chores as lying-in-and-having-breakfast-in-bed. But there have been some chores in there too.

The blouse I'm wearing was a swap gift from the lovely Laurel, a fellow Kiwi blogger whom I met a couple of weeks ago for a coffee. We were planning to meet in a cafe, but we had both decided to come in earlier and visit a favourite vintage store, and so we bumped into each other at a rail of fifties dresses! It was so lovely to meet Laurel, and I know we'll be having a thrifting day the next time she's down in Christchurch. Check out her Etsy store, BettyBlueVintage: there are some gorgeous things there! I particularly like this swing dress, but my budget for the fortnight is well and truly blown. I've spent it on a beautiful fifties chiffon dress which I'm planning to wear to a dinner party tonight, and a black satin dress with a full skirt which I bought for no reason at all, except that I have never owned a Little Black Dress and now I have one.

P.S. Apologies for the dreadful pun. I am sorry.

(But not sorry enough to change it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...