Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spring chicken

I was a little over-optimistic about the weather today - it is still very chilly, despite being Spring (officially). I'm wearing a brooch given to me by my great-grandmother when we left - her husband gave it to her when they were courting. It's lovely to wear something that has so much meaning. LOML took some gorgeous photos of her on the morning we left (complete with perfectly-painted red nails), so hopefully I'll be able to share my stylish great-grandmother with you soon!

I'm in a horrible place with the book at the moment; a two-steps-forward-one-step-back sort of place. I hope I manage to tunnel my way out of it this week, because it's haunting my dreams. Last night I dreamed that I had finished the book (and for some reason it was printed and bound, as well). I flicked through the pages to savour the feeling of accomplishment, and the letters started to fall off the page like little scrabble tiles. I tried to hold them in, but they ended up on the floor in an enormous jumble, and I had to piece the whole thing together again. I think I'm suffering from post-holiday blues - catching up with everything is proving a bit overwhelming. I'm sure it will all be back to normal soon.

Yesterday LOML and I went up into the Port Hills with a couple of friends. The view over Christchurch is just beautiful from up there; nothing better for clearing the head and getting some perspective on things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...