Friday, April 22, 2011

New Zealand visit (3)

I was planning to post yesterday, but then I slammed my right thumb in the car door. Now I have a zombie thumb, all black and green and suppurating and disgusting, but it has stopped throbbing long enough for me to type, at least for a few minutes. It's amazing how often you use your thumbs, really - I had never noticed before.

We have been away from New Zealand for nearly a week now, and all that's left of our trip is a collection of photographs.

Ouch, thumb! Work is going to be painstakingly slow today, unless I can give Mink a crash course in typing. And English.


Fish and chips! Oh how I have missed you.


My friend Caroline and I unwittingly both bought each other souvenir oven mitts.


A tribute to the September earthquake hanging in Jo Seagar's cafe, Oxford.


Me, my mum and my sister, out to dinner.




Christina, Hannah and I out to breakfast at Drexels - just like old times! Except that we used to breakfast at the Hereford Street Drexels, which was destroyed in the February quake.











Dinner with friends on our last night in New Zealand - post-aftershock, which is why everyone looks a bit wobbly! (That and my bad flash photography).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...