Sunday, March 20, 2011

DIY Full Mini Skirt

I came to a realisation this week about skirt lengths. And that is that I am of the full mini skirt persuasion and not the midi skirt persuasion. I love seeing other people in midi skirts but when I wear them myself I just feel so frumpy. Not sure why. Sooo as a result I have decided to sell most of my midi skirts, and make full mini skirts like the ones below out of the full circle midi skirts I own. My new sewing machine is coming in damn handy! I know some of you will be horrified by the idea of shortening a midi skirt, but I promise they'll get much more wear when they're short. Have a look at the last pic of one of the skirts that is going to get the shortening treatment - I'm thinking just above the knees? I also have a navy one, a black one and a checked one that are going to go short. Yay!
Wearing: thrifted camel skirt, mango booties, country road singlet.

Images: Vanessa Jackman, Color me Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...