Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY Split Skirt Dress

Here are some pics I took on the weekend of a dress I made after being inspired by all the amazing flowing side split skirts on the runway. I used eye wateringly bright sheer orange fabric and it was so simple to make! An easy DIY maxi skirt (like the one I made here) with a side split created by simply not stitching all the way up the long seam, with a wrapped fabric bodice and a black sash.  I've been playing around with fabrics in preparation for making a dress to wear to a wedding in a couple of weeks. I like this style, although the bf kindly suggested that the lack of symmetry in the neckline isn't appealing. What do you think? I also made the split a little bit smaller than the ones seen at the Gucci AW11 that I posted about recently - as much as I am sure everyone at the wedding would want to see my knickers! Now I have to get started on the actual thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...