Sunday, March 21, 2010

Big news! Many exclamation marks!

I'm finally able to tell you the big news that I have been hinting at for months.

...

(I'm building suspense)

...

LOML, Mink and I are moving to the US for a year.

More specifically, to Austin, Texas!


At the moment it looks like I might be moving in August, but it could be sooner than that - nothing is completely confirmed just yet. We will be heading over to the States next month for a couple of weeks to visit Texas and get accustomed to the place, though (as much as you can in a fortnight!). I am excited, but I am also somewhat terrified. I would absolutely love to hear from those of you who have moved to the States from other countries and those of you who have moved pets overseas, as I'm anxious to make Mink's journey and transition as peaceful as possible.

And, especially, I would LOVE to know if I have any readers in Austin. I'll probably be pretty lonely when I arrive, and although I'm sure we will make friends relatively quickly, it would be great to get in touch with some Austin-ites (Austinians? Austonians?) Please let me know if you're out there!

I'm so looking forward to spend some time travelling around the States and seeing all the places that I've read about in your blogs. Very exciting! I have always wanted to visit the southern states, specifically, and Austin sounds like a fantastic place to live. Advice and comments are, as always, very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...