Friday, March 26, 2010

Vintage wish fulfillment

27 Mar '10
Beret - vintage, thrifted
Dress - vintage, from my sister-in-law's mum
Bag - vintage
Boots - thrifted

I have had two days of vintage magic - the kind of days that you fantasise about when you find nothing in thrift stores but baggy polyester. My lovely sister-in-law went out to her mum's place in the country the other day to help her clean out her wardrobe. It turned out that her mother had kept all her gorgeous clothes from the 1960s and 1970s, and they were still in near-perfect condition. When I went around to my sister-in-law's house for dinner on Thursday night, she presented me with seven bulging bags of hats, dresses and jackets. There were about twenty-seven dresses in all - many of them in gorgeous winter fabrics with long sleeves, which is just perfect for the weather we're having (I'm wearing one of them today). And the hats! Well.

I've been through the clothes and picked out a gorgeous cream trench-coat lined with plaid silk and about fourteen vintage dresses to keep (and all the hats, naturally). I'm going to let my vintage-mad friends pick through the rest and see what they would like to have.

And it didn't end there. On Friday morning, I went to a sale at my favourite vintage store, and came home with two more bags of goodies! Most items were marked down to $5, even the dresses. Heaven. I now have huge piles of clothes to alter and mend.

Poor LOML. The spare room is buried beneath bulging bags of clothing.

Many pictures of dresses coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...