Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Austin: Day Five


I was lucky enough to meet up with the beautiful Amelia of Vintage Vivant today. Amelia was so kind and welcoming; she showed me around the city and introduced me to many new experiences - chocolate bacon, cucumber soda and the expression 'my dogs are barking,' to name just a few. And she gave me this gorgeous parasol, just perfect for protection from the sun's heat! We visited an amazing candy store on South Congress (Big Top Candy Shop), Uncommon Objects (I am absolutely going to furnish my house from here when we move) and several great vintage stores. It was such a fantastic day, and I feel like I've known Amelia for years. Looking forward to our formal-wear ukelele evenings, lovely lady!




The Aladdin's Cave that is Uncommon Objects.





Like kids in a candy store ...

And here, apropos of nothing, are some pictures of Austin taken from our hotel windows. Such a beautiful place!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...