Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day off

14 Apr '10
Feather headpiece - Diva
Blouse - vintage, thrifted
Cardigan - vintage, thrifted
Belt - vintage
Skirt - vintage, thrifted, altered
Shoes - thrifted
Bag - vintage, thrifted


I took the day off today to celebrate finishing the second draft. So far, it has been a lovely day - I pottered about in my local second-hand bookshop and came away with three Doris Lessing novels that I haven't read before, ate three small Easter eggs (yes, chocolate is still on sale at the moment. It's a dangerous time to be walking past the supermarket), and I am currently printing the manuscript. Printers hate me. All printers, not just ours. I am incapable of printing something without the cartridge running out or leaking, the paper jamming, or something mysterious happening to the file that means I have to restart the whole system. There were a few dramas earlier, but it seems to be printing relatively smoothly now.

I'm off to my Mum's place today - she lives in a small town in the country, about an hour's drive from Christchurch. We're going to a book launch at her local bookstore this evening, and I'm spending the night there. It will be a nice mini-holiday.

Anyway, we have no caffeinated coffee in the house, and so I haven't had my fix this morning and a headache is setting in. I'm going to head across the road for a takeaway cup - see you tomorrow!

P.S. Thanks so much again for all your comments and emails full of recommendations for things to see and do in Austin and San Francisco. Now that I have finished the book, I'm going to go through them all systematically and make some lists. Exciting! I so appreciate your help with all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...