Saturday, May 15, 2010

Endometriosis New Zealand Vintage Fashion Show and High Tea

They've been a week in coming, but here are the pictures from the fashion show last weekend! The fashion show portion of the day was organised by the lovely Vanessa, co-owner of Tete a Tete Vintage in Hereford Street.

This dress is from Vanessa's own collection - I was so tempted to steal it! And then flee the country. Which, conveniently, I will actually be doing in August. Hmm ...

We started hair, makeup and rehearsals at 10:30am. The fashion show itself was at 3:15pm.

This was my daywear look. I promise that I did actually smile, once the initial shock of 'all these people are looking at me' had worn off! The models all wore their own clothes, to show how vintage can be integrated into one's daily wardrobe.

This was the dress I wore for the 'favourites' section. For obvious reasons.



This was the evening section - I actually managed to rip this dress just before I walked out as I bent down to fasten my shoe buckle. It was only a very tiny rip, though, and thankfully you couldn't see it on the runway.

From left to right: Katherine, Vanessa of Tete a Tete Vintage, me and Christina.

Katherine and I!



Hannah, Christina and me again.



It was a fantastic day, and we raised a whopping amount of money for Endometriosis New Zealand. Hurray! It was so much fun to spend the day with like-minded ladies, and to feel like a movie star for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...