Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am so totally Texan right now

7 May '10
Beret - vintage, thrifted
Blouse - thrifted, no label
Waistcoat - vintage little boy's, thrifted
Shorts - 80s, thrifted
Belt - vintage
Tights - who knows?
Shoes - thrifted


At least, I associate denim and plaid with Texas. And, at the other end of the spectrum, floaty white dresses and parasols. Yep, my mental references are entirely based on television and books set in the Civil War era - that will change when we move there, I'm sure.

I finished the most recent set of edits on The Cry of the Go-away Bird this morning. Next will be the copy-editing! In a way, it is strange to think that I began the book in December 2008 and I am still working on it now. It is unrecognisable now, of course - it has changed since the first draft in ways I never could have imagined when I began it. Now that I come to think of it, I started Current Book in November 2009 - scary! Books are a big commitment, like children but quieter. Although I love TCOTGAB (not such a snappy acronym as LOTR), I am looking forward to the day when it has grown old enough to move out of the house and start life on its own. I hope it remembers to call or write now and then, though. And send me Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...