Thursday, May 20, 2010

In which I use the word 'crazy' a lot

Hello! I am still alive. Look, photographic evidence. Right after the op, too (and shortly before the fainting fit) - chipmunk face!



(Hi, Christina!)

It has been a crazy week. Crazy, crazy, crazy, and the wisdom tooth didn't help (am having the last one out on Tuesday - this one's a doozy, impacted and everything. Stay tuned for chipmunk face!). I kept the tooth after the operation - it's in a little box in my handbag. I'm not intentionally carrying it everywhere - it just worked out that way because I keep forgetting to take it out. Every time I reach in for my purse I come out with a tooth in a little plastic box. Still, it has proved a great conversation piece with acquaintances and strangers alike. I considered posting some photos of it, but decided to be considerate and spare you all the sight of my gnarly tooth with its supernaturally huge roots that used to be in my jaw.

This weekend, in order to recover from my crazy (CRAZY) week, I am taking some time out to catch up on Life. Namely, to reassess where I am with both my books; to catch up with family; to clean and file and do taxes and accomplish all those other things that make life seem more orderly and sane. I will also be blogging - I've had a wonderful streak of thrifting luck this week, and I've missed you all. I want to stop thinking about the big picture and dealing with big things, and enjoy the small things that I love so much. Like my vintage apron collection, for instance. Cue gratuitous pictures of my beloved aprons.





Have a wonderful Friday, everyone! Thanks for always bearing with me when things get busy. Before I go, I'd like to quote my friend Ally's latest hilarious blog post:

"The non-internet equivalent of blogging is pretty much shouting at a whole lot of people at once and none of them are allowed to interrupt. And they are allowed to leave ... but some of them follow you. Around. Wherever you go. Waiting for you to turn around and shout at them again. Blogging just got really weird for me right then. But it would be pretty awesome if you could get all your followers in one place at one time, and they just ... followed you.

And I guess the non-internet equivalent of Twitter is running into a room and shouting, "I just saw a car with the numberplate DUM455!!!" and then running out again. And then running back in five minutes later to tell everyone about your sore toe. And then running back again five minutes later to express your thoughts on last night's episode of American Idol."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...