Sunday, July 18, 2010

BFFS

I had breakfast with my very best friend today - Caroline. We have known each other since we were little in Zimbabwe; we met at church, and have been firm friends ever since. We supported each other through everything that happened in Zimbabwe, and our families became very close. We're more like sisters than friends, really. In a stroke of amazing luck, Caroline moved to New Zealand a year before I did, and so we were able to support each other through the transition. We went to the same university, both married Kiwis (and were maids of honour at one another's weddings, as we had planned when we were eight years old), and live in the same town. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful person in my life, and I am going to miss her terribly when we move. Perhaps I can persuade her to move to Texas, as well? I feel an evil plan coming on.


Caroline and I messing about while getting ready for her wedding.

P.S. Attention New Zealand folk! I am continuing to sell off my vintage wardrobe online before we move - check out the listings here.

Comment of the day

"It appears that you're spirit-sisters! A lovely story." - M.banks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...