Thursday, July 15, 2010

Change

I am two people when it comes to change.

One person jumps up and down and says "Yippee how exciting when can we go can we go now what shall I bring shall I bring my bucket and spade will there be ice cream will there be ginger beer and lashings of it will there be puppies and rainbows and I am going to wear my BEST striped socks."

The other says "But what about the polar ice caps and the swine flu and the decline of civilisation and what if it gets cold and what if I forget my umbrella and have a hole in my shoe and maybe I will lose my favourite blanket and maybe I will never be able to find a brand of yoghurt I like EVER EVER AGAIN."

I know this. I am at peace with this. Both people are necessary, and there's nothing wrong with either. It is naive to pretend everything will be wonderful all the time, and it is silly to always focus on the problems. I hope you can bear with my likely-to-be split personality over the coming months!

Comment of the day

"Change is always tough. The older I get, the more my relationship to change is shaped exactly the way you described here. When I was younger I just went for one or the other, which wasn't always healthy and got me in trouble often. Just embrace the process, and you will work it out!" - The Waves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...