Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Farewell party!

Mixed feelings. Great night. Amazing Kiwiana costumes! I won't post compromising photos, but there was a jar of Marmite, Levi from the Mitre 10 ads, a sexy sheep, a Buzzy Bee, a kiwi bird, Miss New Zealand, fish and chips and a Pineapple Lump, among other things.



LOML was David Bain, a now-acquitted murder suspect who has become a Kiwi pop culture icon, and I was a pavlova (a Kiwi meringue dessert. Although there is some debate between Kiwis and Aussies over who can actually lay claim to it!). I borrowed the vintage hat from Vanessa at Tete a Tete Vintage - it really does look like a meringue.



My sister came as a stereotypical Kiwi bloke, complete with gumboots and beer. She looked frighteningly like her dad with the painted moustache, actually.



Cake! ('Oh, stink' is a Kiwi expression meaning 'oh no.' Or something like that.)

Now I am sitting in my pyjamas with Nurofen, coffee and water, because that is what you do the morning after a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...