Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DIY Lace Bunny Ears

Please don't think that I'm hopping on the band wagon extremely late, I know everyone has been wearing and DIYing this trend for a least a couple of seaons now, but I found a great step by step guide to making your own lace bunny ears and I thought I would share. I haven't seen any DIY instructions for this project using black pipe cleaners, so there is something new in this atleast!
Thanks to Caroline from Carolines Mode, here are the instructions:

This is my guide on how to do lace bunny ears yourself. really easy and cheap. and fun!
You need: scissors, lace, pipe cleaners, diadem, needle and thread.
1. Connect two pipe cleaners by twisting them together and then form them to look like bunny ears. Save a few centimeters to connect with the diadem in the next step.
2. Attatch the formed pipe cleaner ears to the diadem by twisting the ends of the pipe cleaner ears on to the diadem.
3. Now cover the diadem with the rest of the pipe cleaners to get a furry look! Just twist them on there!
4. This is what it should look like now.
5. Measure the lace and cut it a couple of centimeters outside of the ears shape.
6. Now it's time to sew. Get needle and thread and make a few stitches around the ears. I made a stitch about every three centimeters. When you're done you can cut the lace the way you want it, more or less outside the edges of the ears.
7. Ok, so now you done! Get your ears on!

Image and instructions: Caroline Mode

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...