Wednesday, July 7, 2010

DIY Sewing Cafe Opens in Paris!

 
I must be the only DIY enthusiast who hasn't already heard, but was so excited to learn this morning from Outsapop that a DIY cafe has opened in Paris called Sweat Shop, complete with sewing machines! You can go in, have a coffee and hire their machines to do the finishing touches on your weekly DIY project (or of course start from scratch with a pattern and ream of fabric...). I absolutely love this idea! Although I own a quite good machine in Australia, desire to travel (and party) has stopped me splurging on one whilst living in London. I cannot count the number of times I have wished I could borrow or hire one off someone to do a hem, take something in, shorten sometthing etc etc etc. There is a very twee looking place near my house that does big sewing classes but it always looked like a place stay-at-home mums would fit in better than me. Yet another reason to want to live in Paris! There is talk of the idea coming to London and if I didn't already have a career (why on earth did I choose to be a town planner again?) I would be looking into it.
Image: Outsapop Trashion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...