Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bridal shower!

25 Jul '10
Dress - vintage, from Tete a Tete Vintage, a gift from my friend Christina
Cardigan - H & M, thrifted
Cardigan clips - vintage, thrifted
Belt - thrifted
Socks - from a little sock shop on Pier 39 in San Francisco
Shoes - vintage Selby, thrifted
Bag - vintage, thrifted


One of my very best friends, Hannah, is getting married on Friday! I can't believe it has come around so quickly. I organised her bridal shower yesterday afternoon - a vintage high tea - and we had great fun. No games involving toilet paper, either, which is always a bonus in my book. I am going through the photos now, ready to send through to Hannah. Somehow they make me feel preemptively nostalgic - even though I am going to be seeing the lovely Hannah, her fiance and our other friends almost every day this week, I am very aware that in a couple of weeks' time this is all going to seem very far away.



Me, Hannah and Christina. Our enormous skirts are battling for supremacy.



Bob wanted to be involved in all the giant-skirt-related excitement.

Ah well - after a wonderful weekend, normal life (sort of) resumes this week, as I finish off the corrections to the typeset proofs. I have also seen the full jacket now, with the back cover and spine, and it looks wonderful! I can't wait to be able to show everyone. And ... LOML has returned! Hooray! We have another couple of weeks here, and then we're both jetting off back to Austin. So much to squeeze into such a short time. Thanks so much, as always, for all of your comments.

P.S. A special thanks to those people on Twitter who were so kind earlier today.

Comment of the day

"That's funny- I actually bought Hannah's dress at an opshop in Melbourne with her brother when we were holidaying there about two years ago. I eventually sold it to Vanessa when I got sick of it. Small world, Christchurch." - Georgia Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...