Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Bible Experience?

With summer coming Jana and I start searching around for audio books that we can take with us during our summer travels. We are huge fans of audio books. Nothing makes the miles fly by more quickly than if you are engrossed in a good audio book. In fact, that is how Jana and I read the Harry Potter books, listening to Jim Dale's wonderful audio performance. When I think of how the characters sound in Harry Potter I think of Dale's interpretations rather than the voices from the movies.

Anyhow, the other day I was looking at audio books in a local bookstore and came across The Bible Experience. Generally speaking, I'd avoid an audio book about the Bible. I've heard audio versions of the Bible before and I can't imagine any of them keeping me awake. But The Bible Experience looks like it might be different. I'm intrigued, for instance, to hear Denzel Washington read the Song of Solomon.



So, does anyone own The Bible Experience? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...