Monday, May 23, 2011

Wardrobe Rehab - a word on Skirts

Some of you will be familiar with the Wardrobe Rehab Series I did a while ago.  In this series I culled all my clothes down to a small number of functional, high quality and essential pieces using 6 steps - Culling, Defining Your Style, Wardrobe Essentials, Organising Your Wardrobe, Colours and Focusing Your Shopping. Doing the project gave me ample opportunity to think about the things I really needed in my wardrobe - and I came to the conclusion that there was a dire need for some knee length/above the knee skirts. I recently acquired these three and they're literally the the backbone of my wardrobe. I wear them with breton tops, collared shirts, belted with singlets, with jackets and about a million other ways. And because they're knee length (or a little bit above), I can wear them to work and they also transition well with a pair of heels into evening drinks. Once you have staples like these in your closet getting dressed in the morning isn't nearly such a chore.What essential items do you need in your closet?
Thrifted and shortened navy skirt, thrifted black pleated skirt, thrifted and shortened camel skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...