Friday, May 20, 2011

A little Friday inspiration

"I like joy; I want to be joyous; I want to have fun on the set; I want to wear beautiful clothes and look pretty. I want to smile and I want to make people laugh. And that's all I want. I like it. I like being happy. I want to make others happy." - Doris Day


Doris Day is one of my personal heroines. Quite apart from her often-underrated comedic talents, her infectious cheerfulness shines in all her films. Everyone has moments of gloom and doom, but I always find it refreshing to see artists who reject the often-bandied-about 'tortured' label and instead bring a generous and joyous spirit to what they do.


I love how genuinely happy and upbeat she seems - and how approachable. Just looking at her photographs - and watching her films - makes me smile.


And I hope it makes you smile, too. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...