Sunday, May 22, 2011

DIY Rug Mini Skirt

As promised here are a few outfit pics of me in the rug mini skirt I posted about here. How did I make it? I simply took two rugs, traced out the shape of a bodycon mini skirt I own onto them, sewed them together following the pattern, cut off the excess fabric and then turned the skirt inside out. The fabric has so much stretch I didn't even bother with a zip like I did for the mini dress. And it's so comfortable to wear! I was wearing it a few days ago and an old Chinese man stopped me in the street to explain to me in his broken English that he these rugs at home that he wipes his feed on. Haha indeed. Also, not sure if you've noticed but I have added a drop down bar to the side menu for you to search my archives for DIYs. When you have an idea or a material you can check out all the posts I have done in the past to get some inspiration - I sometimes use it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...