Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Moustaches and monsters and owls, oh my!

Thank you so much for all your get-well wishes, everyone! I so appreciate them. Today I have been able to sit up a bit and eat some solid food - definite progress. It seems ridiculous that these tiny and common viruses can have such an enormous impact, and I'm pretty frustrated with my inability to do anything, but I am following Mink's excellent example and spending most of my time asleep. Again, sorry if you are waiting for a response to a comment or email - I will get to them as soon as I can.

*

Before the Fateful Virus Took Hold on Sunday, I had a very Austin day - a morning spent with friends at the Renegade Craft Fair, and lunch at the Trailer Park Eatery! Renegade travels around the country providing a showcase for handmade goods and original artwork (and the people who create them). There was so much that it was rather overwhelming at first, but once we took the time to explore we found all sorts of treasures.



I loved these monster hoods! I wish they came in Mink-sizes. Although Sandhya made a very convincing lion.

LOML with a moustache. I know moustache motifs are trendy at the moment, and I do love them, but surely they have reached critical mass by now? Almost every booth had a preponderance of moustaches!


Fun at the fair!


The beautiful Anslee of savannahred, standing outside her booth.
It wouldn't be Austin without an Airstream!

Me and Sandhya.

Awaiting my Torchy's taco, and starting to feel the effects of the virus. Thank goodness it waited until I had got home! That would have been embarrassing.

The Torchy's Tacos sofa.


Murals at the Trailer Park Eatery.

Right, crawling back to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...