Wednesday, May 7, 2008

48 hours

I have just got back from the cafe. It was especially busy today, because the sun is shining, so I huddled in the corner trying to look inconspicuous and ordered lots of coffee out of guilt. I really don't want to be That Person who takes up a table for hours and orders one thing. Sadly, I think I am.

I think I have solved a couple of problems with the ending. I have a new chapter all planned out that I think will patch a hole. Am getting there.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but LOML and I are leading a team for 48HOURS: Furious Filmmaking. It starts next Friday night (16 May) and ends on Sunday night (18 May, if my calculations are correct). On the Friday night you are given a genre and some random elements, like a line of dialogue or a prop, that have to be incorporated into the film. Everything has to be done in 48 hours - the writing, the scoring, the editing, everything. Which means lots of coffee and takeaways and no sleep. I am the writer and production assistant (and I think the continuity person as well), LOML is the director, and we have roped in friends to help with everything else. It should be a great weekend, if exhausting. Interesting to see the depths of crankiness we will descend to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...