Saturday, May 31, 2008

The difficulties of multi-tasking

I am super-excited and also super-apprehensive about reading the book next week. I decided not to start it over the weekend as LOML and I haven't had a proper holiday together in ages, and we made a pact not to do any work. On Tuesday, however, I am going to go back to my cafe, sit with a pen and read through the whole thing.

I have been working on and off on the young adult novel I started a while back - the characters and images are very clear in my head, and I am enjoying it. I'm not sure, however, whether I'm going to be able to continue it while I'm editing and revising my Zimbabwe novel. When I'm really focused on a project, it takes over my whole life, and introducing anything else into the mix makes me feel guilty (because I'm not spending all my time on the major project) and overwhelmed. I don't want to abandon this book though. Perhaps I'll save it for Nanowrimo and finish it then.

In other and completely irrelevant news, I am still in love with my new shoes, and I pretty much haven't taken them off. Except for sleeping, of course. And when I went to bed last night I tucked the shoes up in their box and sat it at my bedside so I could see them in the morning. I used to do this with new toys when I was small ... I think clothes and shoes have become my grown-up toy equivalents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...