Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update

Total word count: 125,000
Today's word count: 1,000
Chapter progress: I have finished Chapter Thirty-four!!! I am so excited that I am using multiple exclamation marks!!! This is such a milestone. It's the third-to-last chapter, and it has been the most difficult to write because it is the most graphically violent, sad and horrifying chapter in the book. And it is done, hurrah, hurrah. This means that there are only two more chapters to finish off, and both are half-written. I can definitely see myself finishing today, all ready for a read-through tomorrow.
What's playing: New Wave stuff today for some reason ... The Bangles, The Go-Gos, Blondie, The Pretenders. Yesterday afternoon I was listening to Thomas Mapfumo and Oliver Mtukudzi, which seems altogether more appropriate for background to finishing a book on Zimbabwe. But no, I'm finishing it to the dulcet tones of Debbie Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...