Thursday, May 1, 2008

Far, a long long way to run

Back to more pleasant things. You may have noticed the word-count-ometer has dropped again ... this is because I got rid of a chapter that wasn't really working. And then carried on writing. Which somehow brought me back to 120,000 words, much in the way that tea a drink with jam and bread brings us back to doe (doh!).

Today was freezing cold and rainy, and I had a hangover. I sat in the cafe eating french fries and drinking coffee and writing while the wind whipped the trees up into a frenzy outside. These last chapters are harder and more laborious than I imagined, and I need to give them the time and energy they deserve. And I need to not begrudge them that. So, on we trudge! Things are going well, they're just going more slowly than I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...