Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DIY - Cut off spring boots

Have been looking for lovely spring boots, but am having real trouble finding ones that are the right height, have the right heel etc etc. In a dream world I would have a pair of the Isabel Marant boots that Kate Bosworth never takes off (seen here). Buttt unfortunately thats not going to happen any time soon, so I was very interested to see these cut off boots on Wide Awake Thoughts, not sure if she has done them herself or they came like this. Definitely possible to cut off a pair of boots to create the perfect spring boot. Going to have to get thrifting...
I would probably cut them a bit shorter if I was going to do my own - perhaps right on or below the ankle. And I would do a very slight V at the front and back of the top of the boot - so that they look a bit western and like the ones here. It may then be smart to glue the edges lightly and if you like, apply some textile paint (or acrylic) over the edges in a colour matching the leather if you want a more polished look.
Images: Wide Awake Thoughts / Ascot Friday /Free People

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...