Friday, June 4, 2010

Sunny Saturday

The rain has stopped! The sun came out! Hooray. I spent the day thrifting with the lovely Annette. She very sweetly took lots of pictures of me eating, trying things on and generally being an idiot, but I promise that, although there is no photographic evidence, she was there too! And playing chauffeur, driving us both around Christchurch to the best thrift stores. I found some great things, which I'm sure will make appearances soon, and had a wonderful day - topped off by lunch at New Brighton Pier. There's nothing better than a day spent thrifting with a friend. And I had a hilarious exchange with a woman in Tasman Traders, prompted by the fact that I was wearing shorts with tights.

Her: "You should go to Australia."
Me: "?"
Her: "They all dress like that there. It's the latest fashion. You'd fit right in."
Me: "Oh - thanks."
Her: "Yes, I just got back from there and they were all dressed like that. It was awful. I couldn't believe it."


Wearing sunglasses indoors is really only cool when the Blues Brothers do it, but it was really bright by the window!

Pumpkin and maple syrup soup. Delicious combination!


Op-shopping in Tasman Traders! I found a gorgeous vintage beaded cardigan here, and Annette found some great dresses.

I'm off out for a lovely Thai meal with friends - have a wonderful Saturday, everyone, and don't forget to enter the giveaway if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...