Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Conversation with LOML while gardening

Me: You know, gardening makes me think profound thoughts.
LOML (busily engaged with trying to cut out an old, dead root): Really? Like what?
Me: Just ... profound things. About Life.
LOML: Okay.
Me: For example, I was just thinking about my wedding ring.
LOML: Okay ...
Me: I could have taken it off before gardening, but I didn't. Now it's all covered in dirt.
LOML: Right ...
Me: So it's symbolic. We'll go through rough times in our marriage when the shine goes off things, but instead of taking the rings off altogether we'll just work through them.
LOML: And then we'll rinse them off.
Me: Well ... yes.
LOML: And maybe get them professionally cleaned.
Me: I think we're stretching this analogy a little too far.
LOML: You started it.

Silence.

LOML: And it's all worth it, because at the end we'll have made a beautiful garden together.
Me: Now you're getting the idea. See? I told you. Profound thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...