Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My work day

Total word count: still about 45,000 because although I have been writing, I have mostly been cutting and splicing scenes together.
Today's word count: probably about 500 new words
Cups of coffee: only two
What's playing: Mika

So far, today is shaping up to be a typical day (apart from exciting Valentine's evening ahead):
6:30am - wake up, make breakfast for self and hubby (if I'm feeling kind), watch the news, drink my first cup of coffee.
7:30am - head upstairs to the office with second cup of coffee, check feeds and email.
8am - go for a walk in Hagley Park.
9am - shower, then start work somewhere between quarter past and half past.
10am - have a short break to put washing on (if the weather's good and there is any)
10:15 - back to work
11:30 - stop for lunch, because by this time I am RAVENOUS. When fed, do chores like stacking the dishwasher, hanging out the washing, making the bed and so on.
12:30 - back to work
2pm - this is usually when I stop for a while and do other things ... housework, practise the piano or guitar, paint, go to the shops, meet someone, that kind of thing.
5pm - back to work for a while before LOML gets home
6:30pm - make dinner.

I get very cranky when this schedule is interrupted - like yesterday, when I had to take Mink to the vet at 9:45am - or when people assume that I'm available to run errands during my working time, or that I'm not "really" working. Drives me nuts. I don't work an eight or nine-hour day, true, but I put a lot of effort and energy into writing and I try to be very disciplined about it. So ... I don't know what the verbal equivalent of sticking my tongue out is, but that's what I'm doing now to all those people who think I'm just stuffing around and should get a "real" job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...