Monday, February 4, 2008

Field Trip

Total word count: 37,000
Today's word count: 1,000. Slightly pathetic, I know, but I did spend a lot of time un-knotting the tangle that my latest chapters have become. Would like to see at least another thou by the end of the day, but have slipped into the usual lassitude that follows a productive day so I don't know how likely that is.
Cups of coffee: Only three so far!
What's playing: a brand new CD - Jukebox, by Cat Power. It's great ... the sort of soulful-bluesy-folksy-girlie thing that I love and my husband abhors. Better make the most of it before he comes home.

So today I packed up my bags and headed to a cafe to do some work. Got a bit cabin-fevery, especially after all the rain yesterday. I sat with a pile of print-outs and scrap paper and tried to get my head around how chapters five onwards are going to pan out, and remind myself to carry through some of the threads I had already started. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed (or a lot), so this was definitely helpful.

Am tired. Why am I so tired lately? It's not as if I'm scaling mountains or lifting cars with one hand. I'm just sitting at a computer for most of the day. But it seems like around this time of day a grey mist comes down in front of my eyes and my head fills up with feathers and all I want to do is snooze on the sofa. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...